DescriptionPay: $16.25-$19.25/hr based on experience
$1,000 Bonus Included ($500 at 30-days, $500 at 90-days)Additional $.75/hr after 90 days of employmentAdditional $.75 after 1 year of employmentShift: Monday-Friday; 7:30am-4pmAre you looking to join an essential business who puts their employees and customers first? Staples Inc. is the place for you, and we are hiring! We strive for work life balance for our employees.Reaching your full potential is more than a job for Staples associates! We offer competitive pay & benefits, while recognizing efforts to achieve career goals. This is an opportunity to be part of the Staples World Class Supply Chain Team and to provide essential products to our customers. We collaborate and innovate...
Our North American Supply Chain network brings technology and people together in innovative ways to deliver state-of-the-art products, services, and expertise. Our extensive portfolio of opportunities span from traditional inventory, fulfillment and delivery to specialized strategy, automation, engineering, analytics, leadership, and logistics. Our diverse network paired with a continued commitment to and investment in our people, process, platforms and the communities in which we live and serve are the foundation on which we build our bright future.
If you are interested in leveraging your talents to drive innovation, customer satisfaction, market growth, personal development and industry change in a dynamic team work environment---please explore the opportunities within our world class Supply Chain team! Position Summary:
Perform manual and system tasks to support inbound and outbound products/services delivery operations. Identifies and resolves issues in various functional areas: put away, staging, loading, shipping. Delivery and pickup of products, perform specialized delivery service including Same Day/2 hour delivery from Store, FRESH program, Rush/Returns/Restock. Performs work under the direction of Supervisor, Delivery Operations. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organize and load product for delivery
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries
- Complete product assembly/installation/delivery as per direction to meet customer satisfaction
- Inspect product for proper operability according to manufacturer's guidelines
- Deliver product as per customer requirements obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse; update manifest with reason codes
- Address and resolve customer feedback as appropriate; inform supervisor of outstanding issues
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle
- Perform pre-trip vehicle inspections and report any maintenance problems to supervisor
- Assist in pick-up of palletized products for return at Retail store locations, loads onto vehicle, and unloads pallets and sorts products at warehouse, and may be required to re-load on different vehicle
- Assist in various aspects of basic install/product delivery which may include supporting free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems
- Unload incoming furniture and product trucks using warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack)
- Follow all safety procedures in the performance to job duties
- Primary Interactions:
- Daily interaction with customers, Product Services leadership team and warehouse management
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- Must be D.O.T. certified with a good driving record
- Ability to pass DOT physical
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use a measuring tape
- Basic computer skills
- Demonstrated competence related to writing installation project and problem reports
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
- Good knowledge of metro area
- Valid driver's license
- Knowledgeable in the operation of warehouse equipment and lightweight tools (i.e., use of a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to install and/or repair furniture).
- Excellent customer service skills, conducting customer contact in a professional and courteous manner.
- Good knowledge of area
- Prior experience with hand truck/dolly type equipment
- On-the-job training for pallet jack and OSHA training for stand-up lift is required
- Passing a background and/or drug screen may be required
- Prefer experience driving lightweight trucks
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 100 pounds by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. With mechanical assistance, employee will occasionally move up to 300 pounds. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard). Regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity and use of lightweight tools requiring some coordinated movements. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Employee will be required to safely drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples is The Worklife Fulfillment Company, helping businesses of all sizes be more productive, connected and inspired. With dedicated account teams, category professionals, innovative brands and a curated product assortment for business, Staples provides customized solutions to help organizations achieve their goals. Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits!
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.