The Preadmission Nurse (PAT RN) has the responsibility for organizing and directing activities in accordance with nursing standards, JC, Medicare and all other applicable federal, state, and local guidelines. PAT RN will assume the following PAT responsibilities: contact, by way of telephone, all patients prior to surgery to assess medical and medication history, review for appropriate lab, x-ray, EKG orders to determine where and when these procedures are to completed and provide preadmission teaching. The RN can expect to care for adult patients, including the older adult through geriatric, and pediatric patients from four months through adolescence. The RN will perform laboratory testing required prior to surgery as ordered.Required Skills:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 2 year experience in a hospital setting preferred
- Current Texas Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS or ENPC required
- Excellent communication skills
- Good organizational habits; ability to adapt to change quickly
- Strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and the management of the surgical patient
- Ability to perform medical assessment for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Excellent teaching skills
- Basic knowledge of Performance Improvement methodology
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 559417803Posted: 2020-07-01