With over 130 store and warehouse locations and more than 7,500 associates across the U.S. and Canada, Crate and Barrel is a dynamic and growing multi-channel furniture and housewares retailer. So we can continue to help others love how they live in moments that matter, the iconic brand is looking for a driven and passionate professional to raise the bar and join our Technology department as a Manager, Quality Engineering located in our Northbrook, IL corporate office.
The Manager of Quality Engineering will lead and manage one or more QE teams within the technology organization. This role will report into the Director, Quality Engineering, and work closely with the various software development teams and business partners across the organization to ensure the highest level of quality for our technology products and solutions.
- Champion continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives under the guidance of the Director, Quality Engineering to establish an effective Quality Management System.
- Help define and execute a comprehensive quality strategy by establishing, implementing, monitoring and enforcing quality engineering/assurance procedures, policies, standards and tools.
- Interface closely with business, product management and engineering teams for review of business requirements, technical design and milestone planning to support development or integration of a project or program.
- Oversee team that manages automated test script development and execution, data sourcing/data provisioning, defect analysis, and ensuring that proper test result documentation and processes are followed as per the test strategy.
- Coordinate and drive execution of quality engineering testing including but not limited to creating test plans, automated test scripts, reporting defects, QE effectiveness, data strategy, integration testing, functional testing, UAT, performance testing, regression testing, API testing, backend testing, Operational Readiness testing etc.
- Lead root-cause analysis and problem resolution to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
Oversee software releases (including deployment) and ensure procedures are documented and followed.
- Ensure the appropriate test environments are in place, managed and controlled.
- Develop QE KPI/metrics, compare against industry standards and report KPI/metrics.
- Coordinate corrective action to reduce errors and to improve the quality of the systems and services.
- Implement resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews. Facilitate selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Lead teams through coaching and developmental feedback and take prompt corrective actions where needed.
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Information Technology or related degree) required
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in quality engineering
- A minimum of 2 years in a management capacity, including leadership at the Manager level leading teams that manage quality engineering for software solutions
- Strong experience with Automation tools
- Experience creating automation framework (Selenium, NightwatchJS, Codeception, Cypress, BrowserStack or Endtest etc.) and a willingness to learn new tools and frameworks
- Excellent understanding of software QE concepts, recommended practices, and methodology that cover various testing types
- Strong understanding of Agile and traditional SDLC
- Experience designing test strategies and end-to-end test scenarios and estimating test efforts
- Experience testing Supply Chain/Merchandising/Warehouse applications is a plus
- Experience with JDA is a plus
- Experience with AS400 is a plus
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
The job description and other aspects of the job listed on this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned. Job ID
Euromarket Designs, Inc., which does business as Crate and Barrel and CB2, will be referred to as "the Company". The Company is deeply committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please contact the location you are applying tohereand ask to speak with a manager regarding the nature of your request.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital, parental, veteran or military status, unfavorable military discharge, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
The Company participates inE-Verifyand will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the US.
State / City Compliance: The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal history, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.