Description Position Summary
The Senior Director SEC Reporting is accountable for the preparation and filing of Company's and affiliates' external financial statements and supporting schedules and footnotes in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). The Senior Director is responsible for implementing and maintaining a system of internal controls that ensures the financial reporting is compliant with GAAP and internal policies and standards. This position requires significant partnership and collaboration with senior management across all departments in the Company. The Senior Director reports directly to the Chief Accounting Officer. Responsibilities
- Accountable for the preparation, analysis and public filing of financial statements, including supporting schedules and footnotes
- Works closely with senior management and Corporate Headquarters in determining and meeting reporting requirements and deadlines and to ensure completeness and accuracy of the documentation of accounting matters
- Accountable for coordination with external and internal auditors to provide appropriate support for financial statement amounts, disclosures and accounting treatments
- Responsible for researching, documenting and applying appropriate accounting guidance to complex issues and transactions
- Responsible for researching proposed and new authoritative guidance, including potential impact on the Company
- Responsible for maintaining policies and procedures and internal controls governing the financial reporting process
- Develops departmental plans, including business, production and/or organizational priorities
- Engages with internal stakeholders such as Business Development to identify new and proposed transactions, and determines and documents appropriate accounting treatment for such transactions
- Prepares and maintains technical accounting memos on all accounting topics impacting the company, and ensures policies and procedures, narratives, and control matrices appropriately reflect the technical accounting memos
- Develops and maintains a detailed understanding of all accounting processes
- Partners with Regulatory Reporting teams to ensure proper financial statement presentation and disclosure
- Partners with Controller team to ensure journal entries and reconciliations reflect proper accounting treatment
- Researches all new accounting literature to determine its applicability to SC, and prepares thorough documentation of the impact of all applicable literature
- Controls resources and policy formation in area(s) of responsibility
- Coaches, leads, and develops team in a matrixed organization to enhance functional and leadership skills and expertise
- Manages a department of multiple teams (managers, general accountants, analysts) to achieve team goals
- Develops team members by providing feedback on strength and growth areas, providing an environment that supports learning and development, and regularly discussing progress towards goals with direct reports
Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, required, Master degree preferred
- CPA required
- 12 - 15 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, finance or financial reporting roles required
- More than five (5) years of previous management experience required
- Big Four accounting firm experience preferred
- Financial services experience preferred
- Ability to lead, manage, develop, and motivate a team of staff members
- Time management skills with strong attention to details; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet assigned project deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word / Excel / Outlook / PowerPoint)
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and rapidly changing business environment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of Workiva, Oracle applications preferred
- The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended working hours may be required as dictated by management and business needs.
- Travel to multiple facilities may be required.
- May be required to lift, push, or pull materials weighing up to twenty (20) pounds.
- May be required to sit and review information on a computer screen for long periods of time.
- May require repetitive motions of the hands and wrist related to writing and typing at an electronic keyboard.
- Employer's Rights:
- This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy.
To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all of the following eligibility requirements:
- Completion of at least one year of active service in Santander
- Completion of at least twelve months in current position
- Be in "Good Standing"
Please click here to see the full policy - https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/1771/internal_v2_0/img/eligibility.pdf
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We encourage everyone to apply.
Posting ID: 559418141Posted: 2020-06-03