TOPS Surgical Specialty Hospital is a growth oriented fully licensed acute care hospital conveniently located at Red Oak Dr and Cypress Creek Pkwy (FM 1960) in the North Houston area. The hospital consists of eight operating rooms, 1 treatment room, 2 emergency rooms, 15 inpatient beds and four freestanding breast imaging facilities spread across North Houston. For 2014, we are projected to perform over 8,000 surgeries and 30,000 imaging visits. TOPS is a physician owned facility.
The Dietary Aide is responsible for overseeing the functions in the dietary department for both patients and staff. He/She will follow the direction of the dietary manager for the purpose of planning, preparing, and serving all meals. He/She will follow the direction of the dietary manager for the purpose of cleaning and maintaining inventory in the dietary department. He/She will accept recommendations and assignments of the dietary manager and consultant dietitian. He/she will work closely with the nursing service and all departments. He/She is responsible for high standards of quality, food production, sanitation; will order food and supplies, keeping required records and reports including food handler permit.
- Assist with the preparation of all menus for the consultant dietitian's approval; assist preparation and serving of food to patients and designated personnel, as well as guest of the facility, using pre-planned production plans.
- Know and follow recommended dietary allowances of the Food and Nutrition Board, using and checking proper portion control. Maintain a file of tested recipes adjusted to proper yield (by testing).
- Participate in and contribute to the menus, patient care plans, infection control committee, policy reviews, and disaster preparedness.
- Ensure that all therapeutic diet orders are in writing and followed as written by the physician. Ensure that all therapeutic diets are prepared and served as prescribed.
- Assist with purchase and inventory of all food and equipment necessary for meal service maintaining the standards set by the administration.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to make decisions and use independent judgment.
- Possess the ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a demanding healthcare environment.
- Works in conjunction with the dietary supervisor and dietitian to provide a well-balanced meal for the patients.
- Assist with setting the menu for the week for patients, staff and visitors.
- Provides tasteful meals in a cost effective manner.
- Orders appropriately to ensure the needed supplies are available.
- Follow the Health department rules and regulations on food preparation. Sanitation of the department will be maintained in accordance with Federal, State, County and City regulations.
- Must have high school education or GED equivalent.
- Must have knowledge of basic principles of foods and nutrition, food sanitation and service, familiar with large scale purchase and preparation of food.
- Ability to establish and maintain successful working relationships with all personnel. Ability to relate to patients, plan and assist the work of others. Ability to keep records. Must be able to make informed decisions.
- Must be well groomed and willing to wear hair covering.
- High school diploma or GED certification
- Maintain current applicable certifications including food handlers permit
- Strong ethical and moral character references and great attitude
- Previous culinary training
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.
Posting ID: 559418233Posted: 2020-06-03