is looking for an Outside Sales Specialist
for our Cenex branded products in the Milbank/Sisseton area. You must be able to make decisions, work independently and in a team environment. You must be detail oriented with excellent communication skills both verbal and written and proficient with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. This opportunity has growth potential and offers mobility within CHS.You will:
Training Provided by CHS:
- Increase sales and profitability for the cooperative through implementation of sales, marketing and consulting processes for Cenex products and cooperative services.
- Evaluate current customer programs and develop marketing plans and programs to meet customer needs while growing the cooperative business.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, distribution, operations, technical staff and credit to heighten the visibility and impact of sales calls.
- Identify needs and provide consultative services for businesses and customers by combining established relationships with product, marketing and technical skills.
- Prepare sales presentations, contracts, bids and proposals to ensure successful outcome of transactions.
- Provide training to co-op staff and customers.
- Service customer complaints and inquiries.
- Manage and complete special projects for the local co-op and customers.
- Develop knowledge of multiple energy products and apply this knowledge in all aspects of the job.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all safety policies, procedures and regulations. Identify and communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
Basic Qualifications: (required)
- Product Training
- CHS Sales Training
- National Sales Certification available
- Computer Training on CRM Software
Preferred Qualifications: (desired)
- High school diploma or equivalency
- 2 plus years of outside sales experience
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record
Auto req ID
- Bachelor's degree
- Previous outside sales experience to include; presentations, utilizing persuasive negotiation skills, customer service, conflict resolution, and working independently.
- Petroleum, Refined Fuels, or Lubricant experience
- Experience developing marketing plans, calculating margins, and profit
- Mechanical understanding of equipment
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance. This position will have opportunity for growth.
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States. Diversified in energy, grains and foods, CHS is committed to helping its customers, farmer-owners and other stakeholders grow their businesses through its domestic and global operations. CHS supplies energy, crop nutrients, grain marketing services, animal feed, food and food ingredients, along with insurance, financial and risk management services. The company operates petroleum refineries/pipelines and manufactures, markets and distributes Cenex brand refined fuels, lubricants, propane and renewable energy products. CHS is an equal opportunity employer/disability/veteran.
The CHS Talent Acquisition Team supports recruitment for positions within CHS as well as finding opportunities for candidates within our robust network of member cooperatives. By submitting an application for any position, you give CHS permission to review your application and contact you to discuss opportunities within our member cooperatives. To explore current openings within our member cooperatives, please click here.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver's license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify information.Minimum Years of Experience Required
PS - Energy-Petroleum Sales State/Province
South Dakota Minimum Education Required
GED / High School Diploma Employment Status
ACTIVE FULL TIME Career Type
Sales / Business Development