Position Title: Machine Operator
Location: Whately, MA
Job Summary: Machine Operator
The Machine Operator is responsible for running equipment and troubleshooting, following schedules and calculating formulas. In this role the Machine Operator will need to exercise good judgment to comply with instructions and standard procedures. The successful candidate will need to use automated and manual equipment including: basic hand tools, temperature gauges, wax tanks, pumps, hoses and packaging equipment.
• Ability troubleshoot and problem solve equipment.
• Produce product at specific rates for each piece of machinery while maintaining quality standards.
• Ability to work as a Candlemaker depending on business needs
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to read and write in the English language
• Ability to stand for 8 plus hours and able to lift up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis
• Good working knowledge of basic arithmetic and the ability to calculate percentages
• Previous machine operator experience in a manufacturing environment
• Basic knowledge of computers a plus
• Ability to problem solve
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 559418289Posted: 2020-06-03