CHENEGA FACILITIES MANAGEMENT, LLC
Company Job Title: Engineer/Estimator
Chenega Job Title: Engineering Technician IV
SCA WD Labor Category:
Engineering Technician IV #30084
Ability To Obtain Secret Clearance
Location: Dugway Proving Grounds, UT
Non-Exempt, Full Time, SCA
05-29-2020 Executive Order 13495, The Non Displacement of Qualified Workers Under Service Contracts provide first right of refusal to incumbents on contracts. If the position is accepted by the incumbent on the job, other application/resume of non-incumbents will not be reviewed.Summary:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Engineer/Estimator shall be responsible for providing engineering and estimating support on the Base Operations Support Services contract Chenega Facilities Management, LLC has with the US Army at Dugway Proving Ground, Utah
- Understand construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities including installation of plant & machinery, operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical control systems, machinery and equipment for generation, transmission, distribution, building services, telecommunications, scientific and research requirements.
- Analyze blueprints and other shop documentation to prepare detailed estimates including time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Confer with other engineers, shop, and government personnel on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Prepare site field reports, site schematic drawings and technical presentations as well as perform client/vendor/regulatory agency liaison and communication.
- Produce planning drawings, specifications, cost estimates and design packages for contract actions IAW established Army standards, policies, and procedures including the DPG Architectural and Engineering Design Guide.
- Review design packages for completeness and support other design reviews as required.
- Participate in project meetings with customers, architects, sub-contractors and customer nominated engineering personnel.
- Familiarity with basic Health, Safety, and Environmental requirements.
- Conduct technical and feasibility studies including site investigations.
- Use a range of computer packages for developing detailed designs and drawings.
- Ensures designs are compliant with all Federal, State, and Army standards.
- Provide back up for utility locating and excavation permit tracking.
- Supports the project Safety Plan through personal involvement in all aspects of safety, including training and attention to the adherence to safety requirements pertaining to particular trades or skills.
- This position may be designated as Mission Critical as required by the company to meet contract requirements.
- This position may be part of an emergency management/response team as required by the company to meet contract requirements.
- Other duties as assigned
: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years industrial experience with preferred work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in mechanical and/or electrical fields
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule and direct varied programs and tasks involved within the engineering function.
- Ability to read and interpret design specifications and technical drawings.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills will be required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced in the use of AutoCAD and other engineering software as needed to complete discipline requirements.
- Knowledge of RSMeans or other estimating software preferred.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 559418300Posted: 2020-06-03