Chenega IT Enterprise Services, LLC
Company Job Title: Data Scientist
Location:Ft Huachuca, AZ
Exempt, Full Time, Regular Summary:
The Data Scientist
will be responsible for research and development of statistical learning models for data analysis and data analytics to include implementing dashboards and visualization models. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for usage, implementation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of Hadoop, MapReduce and associated components such as Hive, Spark, etc.
- Develop and/or use appropriate probabilistic, stochastic or machine learning algorithms such as Markov chains, Support Vector Machines (SVM), Decision Trees, etc. based on the problem space and data sets.
- Write and modify scripts to resolve complex tasks quickly and avoid repetitive tasks
- Maintain technical expertise relevant to industry standards and best practices in Data Science and Data Engineering.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in a technical discipline such as Data Science, Computer science, engineering, or mathematics
- 1+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in the following:
- Hadoop and MapReduce along with Relational Databases (RDBMS) and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Couch, Neo4J, etc. in support of big data/cloud computing from a usage and implementation perspective.
- Working with Big Data (both structured and unstructured data) in the Hadoop environment to include data preparation, advanced analytics, text analytics, machine learning and AI
- Development of data visualization applications driven by big data in a data analytics computing environment.
- Top Secret/SCI
- Ability to clearly and fluently translate their technical findings to a non-technical team
- Ability to travel
- Software development experience with relevant Python to include both back end/data access and front end (GUI) preferred
- Solid understanding of system integration and architecture
- Military experience, especially related to Military Intelligence is a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 559418400Posted: 2020-06-03