CHENEGA INFINITY, LLC
Company Job Title:Dispatcher/Alarm Monitor-CI
Chenega Job Title:Alarm Monitor
Non-Exempt, Part Time, Regular
The Dispatcher/Alarm Monitor
is responsible to the Shift Supervisor while also being responsible to the site CO, COTR, and Site Security Specialist for answering the telephone; monitoring the CCTV and intrusion, fire, and duress alarms and early warning system; monitoring police radio net; dispatching mobile patrols; and maintaining a communications log and desk journal.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Required to follow all company personnel and safety policies and perform all assigned duties in a safe work manner.
- Answering public and police calls for assistance in emergency and non-emergency situations on the telephone and radio.
- Other duties include, but not limited to clerical duties related to an alarm monitoring center, such as, filing recall lists, operation of computers, completing and printing desk journals, maintaining alarm records, and completing records logs as assigned.
- This position is located in a restricted area and is responsible for control and issue of keys from communications center. Provides security of assigned work area and equipment. Relay information to/from police or security supervisors, takes messages, and obtains clear and accurate information & relays to all pertinent personnel.
- Acts as the primary alarm and surveillance point for criminal information, natural disasters, and all other operations involving coordination with civil authorities and other federal agencies throughout the state and federal government.
- Adhere to all employment policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work flexible hours to include weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Certificate of completion of a bona fide dispatcher course and/or 3 years' experience as a dispatcher in a civilian or military law enforcement organization, or with a commercial security guard company.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to effectively operate an ACU 100 interoperable radio console.
- Knowledge of radio dispatch regulations, procedures, protocols, and/or equipment.
- Skill in the use of computers and ability to use National Crime Information Center (NCIC) identification and Computer Aided Mobile Dispatch software.
- Knowledge of fire and burglar alarm systems reporting.
- Successfully completed all training and have obtained all required permits, licenses, certifications and security clearances for the site.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and standard office equipment.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, (MSWord, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), and Outlook.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
- Must speak, read, write, and understand the English language, apply written rules, detailed orders, instructions and training material.
- Certificate of completion of a bona fide dispatcher course preferred.
- Have no record or history of illegal drug use, sale, possession, or manufacture during the previous five years.
- Have no felony convictions and no convictions that reflect on the individual's reliability including those crimes classified under the Lautenburg Act.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Must successfully complete a pre-employment physical agility test (PAT) and annually thereafter as prescribed by the government.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 559418465Posted: 2020-06-03