CHENEGA ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS & SOLUTONS, LLC
Company Job Title: IT Strategic Planning Consultant (FITARA)
Chenega Job Title: Subject Matter Specialist VIII, Advisor
Exempt, Full Time, Regular
Duties and Responsibilities:
- ChESS is seeking a IT Strategic Planning Consultant to provide support to implement the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA). In response to FITARA our client has made several changes to their Agency acquisition policy and processes and as a result, the CIO now has broadened responsibilities in the areas of IT planning, budgeting, and acquisition. This role has significant visibility and responsibility within the agency.
- Developing and communicating the Technology Business Management (TBM) taxonomy across the organization;
- Communicating and collecting data related to cost savings and avoidance for IT projects across the organization, contributing to the quarterly Integrated Data Collection (IDC) report to OMB;
- Coordinating the IT acquisition reviews with various groups within the CIO organization;
- Assisting with the implementation of Portfolio Management principles within the CIO organization;
- Interacting with external stakeholders requesting the IT acquisition reviews to ensure effective communication and customer satisfaction;
- Interacting with external organizational units to collect IT budget and spending information on an annual basis in support of the agency budget submission;
- Documenting and improving the IT portfolio review process and guidance;
- Contributing to other areas of the FITARA implementation including IT budget review, IT policy improvement, IT-program collaboration, communication, etc.;
- Recommending, developing and maintaining tools to support accurate data collection related to IT investments;
- Supporting FITARA audit findings, along with solutioning to resolve gaps and improve scores.
- Other duties as assigned
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Mathematics, IT, or another relevant discipline
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in a similar role supporting a federal agency required. Master's degree preferred.
- PMP preferred.
- Secret Clearance required
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of the TBM implementation across Government;
- Working knowledge of the FITARA scorecard and audit methods;
- Strong understanding of the Federal budget process and agency financial management; and
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
Posting ID: 559418467Posted: 2020-06-03