Life Skills Trainer (Caregiver)Primary Location:
Direct Support Professional (Caregivers)
Full time, part time and on-call positions are available.We have openings for employees available for evening, overnight, and weekend shifts.
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us. Due to the essential services we provide as Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer, we continue to accept applications and fill open positions in our residential programs..
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at NeuroRestorative, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another.
EasyApply on Indeed or Text MENTORJOBS to 97211, we have work for you!Description
Come join NeuroRestorative in the very important work we do providing Supported Living programs and community-based services for adults with brain injury and other neurological challenges.
As a Caregiver/Life Skills Trainer (LST), you'll carry out rewarding work, seeing your impact in lives on a daily basis. LSTs provide training, assistance and supervision to clients in the areas of living skills, therapeutic recreation, and other forms of assistance in both residential and community settings.LSTs work closely with our clinical staff to support the therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
Assist with daily activities:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Facilitate working relationships between Employers and those we serve
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
Whether you have previous experience in a role like this, or this just sounds like the type of impact you want to make... we want to hear from you! Bring the right attitude, we'll train you for success! Qualifications: What we require of you:
What we offer you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- A caring attitude with a dedication to assisting others
- Successful clearance of background checks, drug screen, motor vehicle report
- Valid driver's license in good standing required for most positions
- Full, Part time, and As Needed, schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with fantastic co-workers
- Paid training. Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for 30+ hour work week, including Holiday pay
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people's lives on a daily basis
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
We have a great work environment and you'll be surrounded with a strong and supportive team of peers, leaders and colleagues. NeuroRestorative is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human services providers offering quality, community-based services. With ~30,000 employees serving ~30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'll make a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancing services to individuals across the country.
The LST role is a great place to start your career with The Network - we have many success stories from people at all levels that started out in the Caregiver role. Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!