Director, Mergers & AcquisitionsPrimary Location:
MA-MABoston-313 Congress StFunction:
The health and safety of our employees and of those individuals we serve is of utmost importance to us.
To be sure we extend that concern to our recruitment process, we will be leveraging digital capabilities to meet virtually and continue to recruit top talent at The MENTOR Network, a partner of The MENTOR Network. Due to the public health concerns regarding COVID-19, as your application progresses, you will be asked to participate in virtual interviews using one of our digital tools. Our recruitment team will provide further details to assist you in your recruitment journey.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding as we focus on the safety and well-being of those we serve, as well as one another. Description
As a Director with our Mergers & Acquisitions team, you will be a key contributor to the company's inorganic growth activities. You will partner with the senior management of our various operating groups to identify appropriate acquisition targets, engage in discussions with business owners, and prepare initial assessments and financial analyses of identified acquisition opportunities. For those transactions you are leading, you will act as the main point of contact with counter-parties and will take a primary role in assessing valuation, negotiating transaction terms, and managing cross-functional due diligence and integration planning processes. Responsibilities:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Build collaborative relationships with operating group leaders to gain an understanding of, and help refine, their strategic priorities and growth objectives
- Identify attractive acquisition targets and craft a suitable strategy for engagement with targets' decision makers
- Independently develop acquisition pipeline: identity, screen, and contact targets
- Lead monthly meetings/calls with operating group leadership to report on the active deals in process, new opportunities recently sourced/identified, and upcoming new target meetings
- Maintain regular contact and make in-person visits with Mentor field operations and with business owners, brokers/bankers, lawyers and other advisors, for purposes of driving future acquisition opportunities
- Negotiate and execute non-disclosure agreements / confidentiality agreements
- Conduct detailed financial assessments and valuation analyses of acquisition prospects, recommend appropriate valuations and deal structures
- Draft and negotiate non-binding letters of intent / term sheets
- Act as project manager for due diligence and integration planning processes, coordinating the efforts of the cross-functional team and external advisors staffed on each transaction
- Support the operating group finance leads in their preparation of financial plans-of-record for acquisitions
- Participate in negotiation of transaction definitive agreements and review of disclosure schedules
- Draft presentations on proposed transactions; present to senior management for periodic transaction updates and final transaction approvals
What we offer:
- MBA, Masters in Finance, or equivalent advanced degree required.
- Seven+ years of related experience, with at least 2 -3 years in M&A
- Experience in an investment bank, private equity, consulting firm, or corporate development environment a plus
- Healthcare acquisition experience preferred
- Expertise in merger-and-acquisition processes and concepts
- Solid understanding of financial statements, financial modeling, and valuation methodologies
- Strong project management skills with experience in supporting a cross functional teams through complex processes
- Excellent communications skills, with a demonstrated history of successfully working collaboratively in a team environment
- Business acumen, intellect, integrity, energy, enthusiasm, and attention to detail.
- Career growth opportunities
- Largest national network of human service providers
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- A dynamic, growing work environment with advancement opportunities nationwide
The MENTOR Network is the leading national provider of home-based health and human services for individuals with intellectual, developmental, physical or behavioral disabilities, Acquired Brain Injuries and other special needs. Our mission is to offer adults, children, seniors, and their families innovative, quality services and supports which lead to growth and independence, regardless of the challenges they face.
Our philosophy emphasizes partnerships - with those we serve, their families, employees, Mentors, payors, and the communities in which we work - in an effort to help individuals shape the direction of their own lives in community-based settings. Our clinicians and caregivers develop customized service plans, delivered in non-institutional settings, designed to address a broad range of often life-long conditions and to enable those they serve to thrive in less restrictive settings.
Bring your M& A experience and dedication to make a positive difference in the mission-driven work we do every day. Our organization is driven by the power of relationships. As an organization of people serving people, positive and productive relationships are vital to the work we do.