Fountain Valley Regional Hospital is proud of the full range of quality services we provide. Since 1971, we have dedicated our efforts to meet and serve the medical needs of our growing community. We were the first hospital in Orange County to offer residents an accredited Chest Pain Center and a Thrombectomy Receiving Center certified by The Joint Commission. We are one of only two certified Pediatric ICUs in Orange County and the only hospital in Fountain Valley and Huntington Beach with a Level III Neonatal ICU. We re proud of the efforts of our physicians, nurses and staff who strive to provide you with the best care possible.
We offer competitive salaries and benefits including a matching 401(k), several health & dental plans to choose from, generous tuition assistance plans, and relocation assistance for select positions.
1. Maintains the instrument room in an orderly manner.
2. Operates all instrument room equipment according to hospital procedure
3. Informs purchasing department of all needed supplies and instruments.
4. Prevents infection crossover of all equipment by following procedures.
5. Handles all instruments to assure proper working order and sterilization.
6. Assures trays are complete; notifies supervisors of missing instruments.
7. Maintains proper record keeping for sterilization of trays, sterilization loads.
8. Assures all surgical needles, instruments and sponges are properly accounted for during and upon completion of surgical procedures.
9. Cares for equipment to prevent breakage, loss or inappropriate use.
10. Maintains cost effectiveness by using only those supplies necessary.
11. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Experience: One year of central supply/instrument tech experience. Successful completion of a Sterile Processing program/degree will meet the minimum experience requirements.Preferred Skills and Abilities: 1. Required ability to follow written and verbal direction. 2. Recent acute care experience preferred.The hospital, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to combine any of the above required experiences, or to consider applicants other work related experience in order to meet the above mentioned requirements.
Primary Location: Fountain Valley, California
Facility: Fountain Valley Regional Hospital and Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Rotate
Posting ID: 559419023Posted: 2020-06-03