At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram. Position Summary:
Don't let this opportunity go up in smoke. ADT; a leader in fire and life safety industry, is growing. As a result, we are offering great opportunities for new team members looking to deliver superior results for our customers. ADT designs, installs, and services state-of-the-art fire sprinkler and fire alarm systems. Our work is vital, and so are our people.
We are searching for a Design Manager to help us deliver best-in-class new construction and tenant fire sprinkler systems to our customers. We serve the MD/VA/DC markets and are based in Hanover, MD.
If you're ready to be part of an organization that asks for the best out of its people, and in return provides an industry leading compensation package and limitless opportunities for training and professional growth, please reach out to us today.Accountabilities:
Qualifications :Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Be the estimating and design departments inside technical expert
- Mentor, train, and develop design team members
- Work collaboratively with project managers and the operations manager to ensure a smooth hand off between the design and installation phases of the project
- Possess strong knowledge of NFPA codes (NFPA 13, 14, 20, etc.)
- Design, survey, calculate, and stock list projects when necessary in order to maintain project schedules
- Promote good working relations and positive morale within the design department
- Perform other duties as directed or assigned
- Always demonstrate our ADT Values
ADT Commercial LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce and do our best to foster a culture and environment where every employee feels valued. Our goal is to serve our customers and help save lives. We can achieve this goal when we have the best talent working in an environment where employees feel included and recognized. Visit us online at jobs.adt.com to learn more.
- Minimum Five Years of experience in fire sprinkler design
- NICET Level II or higher in Water Based Sprinkler Systems
- Must have the ability to communicate accurately and clearly both orally and in writing
- Solid construction math skills
- "Can do" attitude and approach to work
- Minimum Five Years of experience with computers and computer software (Microsoft Office) and specific experience with use of HydraCAD
- Must have superior organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail with ability to multi-task + work in fast paced environment
- Excellent problem solving and people skills
Posting ID: 559419108Posted: 2020-06-03