- Responsible for ensuring proper risk culture and control environments are set and followed and that documentation submitted to regulators is accurate and meets regulatory requirements.
- Develops and implements the policies, procedures and controls that maintain the accuracy of data being reported.
- Develops plans and programs that help automate the regulatory reporting process and limit control gaps.
- Communicates the importance of maintaining the appropriate risk culture in communication with staff and management throughout the organization.
- Ensures consistency with regulatory requirements throughout the reporting process.
- Engages in analysis of data in reporting systems to identify control gaps and develop the necessary programs to address them.
- May enlist the support of more junior team members.
- Has a deep understanding of the processes and products within the relevant systems from which regulatory reports are created.
- Leads complex projects in support of new or evolving processes / products or for initiatives with cross-functional or enterprise-wide impact.
- Develops the validation processes for data, including assessment and monitoring of data quality issues.
- Oversees data cleansing / remediation activities.
- Reviews accuracy of reports and calculations performed by more junior team members.
- Prepares ad-hoc reports and delivers results to management and/or other leaders.
- Translates complex technical concepts and analyses to non-technical audiences.
- Accountable for the attestation process. Independently signs-off on the integrity of the data delivered.
- Interfaces and builds relationships with function managers to ensure their compliance with regulatory reporting principles.
- Manages long-standing strategic relationships with a wide range of stakeholders that represent multiple business units.
- Works with stakeholders to ensure their understanding of and support for regulatory reporting goals and compliance with regulatory reporting implementation.
- No direct reports. Provides guidance to more junior team members as needed.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
What we can offer you:
- Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- A degree in computer science or a related discipline preferred.
- 5-7 years of experience preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.Primary Location:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
CM - Control Risk Compliance-HR06112Requisition Number:
Posting ID: 559419200Posted: 2020-06-03