This position serves as a research assistant in the program of research overseen by the Sr. Associate Dean of Research at OHSU School of Nursing. Knowledge of epidemiology and/or public health, biostatistics, statistical software applications, as well as strong organizational and written communication skills are required.
Function/Duties of Position
• Manages and processes research databases, including formatting, cleaning, and performing data quality checks.
• Assists in determining best statistical approach to conduct analyses of research data and drafts methods sections for scientific manuscripts.
• Conducts both exploratory and hypothesis-driven statistical analyzes of research data.
• Helps interpret statistical results.
• Produces publication quality tables, figures, and charts in support of manuscript development.
• Leads the design and drafting of scientific manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication including submission, and coordinating the response efforts for reviewers' comments.
• Supports the development of manuscripts for peer-reviewed publication led by others with literature reviews, reference/citation formatting, manuscript submission.
• Develops abstracts for the presentation of research results.
• Produces slide and poster presentations of research results.
• Supports in other related activities associated with the analysis, reporting, and dissemination of research data including:
a. Attending meetings with research colleagues
b. Taking and managing notes on research related meetings
c. Helps others on research team
d. Presenting results at internal and external meetings and conferences
- Bachelors Degree with major courses in field of research and 1 to 3 years of relevant experience, OR
- AA/RN (2 yr) and 3 years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of epidemiological or other health research methods and statistic or biostatistics.
- Competence with statistical software cluding R, SAS, & STATA.
- Strong organization and prioritization skills.
- Highly developed and experienced interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to draft scientific manuscripts.
- A Master's degree in epidemiology or biostatistics.
- Three years of biostatistical analysis experience
- Two years of experience assisting in statistical analysis and/or manuscript drafting
- Outstanding verbal and written skills with proficiency in scientific writing (including manuscript preparation).
- Exceptional ability to write with attention to grammar, punctuation, and syntax.
- Cordial, proficient, and high energy with a desire to serve OHSU and the School of Nursing.
- Exceptional skills in the use of technologies and software programs associated with Outlook, Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and other emerging technology.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.