Function/Duties of Position
The Research Associate works as a special projects lead with an active and productive translational research laboratory that spans from basic beach research to translating studies and clinical trials. This position reports to Dr. Mills, the Director of Precision Oncology and SMMART trials. The major role of this position will be linking existing large scale community data such as the TCGA and other sources with ongoing research projects in the laboratory and Precision Oncology Program. The Research Associate will work within a team science environment and will collaborate with multiple other individuals both inside and outside of the Knight Cancer Institute.
- Apply state-of-the-art computational methods to analyze large-scale whole genome and exome sequence RNA and protein data to support data analysis in precision oncology studies
- Collect and curate publicly available omic data sets to support integrative analysis in cancer studies
- Participate in writing of manuscripts
- Collaborate with internal and external faculty and staff
- Master's Degree with major courses in relevant field and 3 years of relevant experience; OR Bachelor's Degree with major courses in field of research and 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience in applying analysis of large data sets to biological questions
- Programming experience: fluency with at least one general-purpose programming language (such as Python, Perl etc) and one language for statistical analysis (such as R)
- Experience with source code version control systems
- Strong computational skills with good communication skills and flexibility
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Master's Degree or equivalent in bioinformatics, computational biology or a related field
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter and Resume or CV.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Posting ID: 559419263Posted: 2020-06-03