How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Cardiac Technician
at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Perform EKG, Holter Monitoring, Stress Testing, Signal Average EKG's, and Cardiac Event Monitoring
- Prepares patient for examination, performs EKG procedure, recognizes and reports changes in patient?s rhythm or conduction, recognizes whether equipment is functioning properly
- Demonstrates motivation to assist co-workers (i.e. EKG, holter application/removal, clerical duties, etc.).
- Explains procedure to patient including discharge instruction
- Reinforce education during procedure to maintain maximum comfort and safety
- Correct identification of patient verified by speaking to the patient and checking armband/medical record
- Procedure rooms are maintained patient ready. Supplies/linen/preps set-up after each patient.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Certified EKG technician or documented equivalent experience required
- Holter and stress testing experience required
- Current BLS required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today! Our Network
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 559419285Posted: 2020-06-03