How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Grill Cook prepares, cooks and serves food for consumption by patients, staff, and visitors. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Grill Cook at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Sets up and maintains work station (grill, panini, pizza) in an efficient and safe manner.
- Prepares and cooks all menu items to order in accordance with sanitary regulations, established recipes, and cooking techniques to achieve the quality standards of the department.
- Tastes all foods he/she prepares to ensure proper flavor, texture, consistency, presentation, and portion control, and that items meet established quality standards.
- Checks food temperatures using thermometer to ensure safe cooking and serving temperatures.
- Cleans work station at end of meal periods. Stores food appropriately to maintain safety and sanitation standards, including cover, label and date. 6. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of short order cooking in a fast paced environment.
- Formal culinary training within 5 years
- Food Safety and Sanitation Certification within 1 year.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today! Our Network
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 559419296Posted: 2020-06-03