Performs designated tasks under the immediate supervision of a nurse. The Home Health aide (HHA) functions as a member of the Home Care team and demonstrates accuracy, reliability and safety in caring for clients.EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma graduate or equivalent required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Six months experience as a HHA or CNA working with cognitively impaired adults in their home or a facility.
- Nursing Assistant Current Minnesota (NA) Registry Upon Hire Required and
- Basic Life Support Current Basic Cardiac Life Support certification (or must acquire within 30 days of hire). 30 Days Required
- Ability to read and communicate effectively in English. Upon Hire
- Ability to communicate effectively with the elderly population. Upon Hire
- Read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, procedures and memos. Upon Hire
- Basic knowledge of memory loss. Upon Hire
- Willingness to acquire additional training for medication management and Assisted Living Home Care. Upon Hire
- Ability to recognize the need for assistance. Upon Hire
- Ability to follow directions. Upon Hire
- Professional and courteous customer service skills. Upon Hire
- Minnesota Class D driver's license and eligible to be insured under the corporate auto insurance policy (for Benedict Homes Only). Upon Hire
- A valid Minnesota Class D driver's license Upon Hire Required
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.
Posting ID: 559419360Posted: 2020-06-03