How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Alternate Rate Case Manager LSW/MSW provides assistance to patients and families as related to illness, disease, and hospitalization in all areas of service as a member of the multidisciplinary team, and in liaison with community resources. Follows State of New Jersey regulation for Social Work.
***This is a part-time position.
1. Assesses all high-risk pediatrics, adults and geriatric patients presenting on assigned patient units.
2. Coordinates all aspects of patients' continuum of care working in close consultation and collaboration with physician, family, patient, health care team, and community.
3. Researches, evaluates, secures, or refers for appropriate services or placement.
4. Counsels patients and family in coping with immediate problems understanding and utilizing available resources and enabling environmental change for maximum recovery.
5. Explores and examines inhibiting factors preventing rehabilitation or recovery and effects of illness on lifestyle from a health-oriented base.
6. Assists patients and their families in their personal relationships as part of the patient care team.
7. Performs up-to-date maintenance of medical charts, recording departmental case records, monthly statistical and other required reports.
8. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.) This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
9. Serves as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team in providing patient updates.
10. Works in conjunction with Case Managers in coordination of care across the continuum.
11. Identifies and tracks Avoidable Days related to patient testing or discharge delays.
12. Makes transportation arrangement for patients upon discharge if involved in case. Documents discharge date and time on patient whiteboard in room.
13. Participates in unit meetings related to LOS goals.
14. Aggressively seeks resolution to Guardianship issues within legal system constraints.
15. Oversee and run hospital groups as designated for certain patient populations.
16. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. LCSW, LSW, or MSW in Social Work.
2. Prior experience in social work agency or institutional setting.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Prior experience in a medical setting.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ Licensed Clinical Social Worker or NJ Licensed Social Worker or New Jersey State Licensure for MSW.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 559419372Posted: 2020-06-03