Zero Trust Design Engineer
- Plans and designs Zero Trust Architecture and solutions for the DoS enterprise evaluating network and Zero Trust model technologies.
- Determine Zero Trust requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching Zero Trust security standards; conducting Zero Trust system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying Zero Trust architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; when needed preparing cost estimates.
- Define and implement enterprise perimeter (on premise and cloud based) Zero Trust security policies and procedures.
- Lead Zero Trust related architecture projects. Design robust and resilient solutions for PSD infrastructure services, and for new services.
- Lead and oversee customer certification and accreditation efforts, NIST Cybersecurity Framework/DoD Risk Management Framework/DIACAP as they Zero Trust projects.
- Evaluate and recommend new Zero Trust design principles and emerging security products and technologies
- Develop and interpret security policies and procedures
- Create policies and ongoing processes in support of the security engineering team. Verify ongoing compliance with policies and best practice.
- Identify security issues and risks, lead development and implementation of mitigation
- Advise and consult with other teams to identify risks and implement remediation
- Oversee and guide the completion of projects relating to Zero Trust
- Participates as a Subject Matter Expert for Zero Trust in technical and business discussions with clients, teammates, vendors, partners and /or upper level managers
- Ability to manage and/or lead cross-functional teams for customer engagements
- Participate in incident response; create incident response procedures and documentation; assist with post-event analysis
- Wide breadth of knowledge across security products, tools, and industry trends; ability to create solutions using a pragmatic, risk-based approach.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or
- 20+ years experience in Information Technology
- 15+ years of relevant Network/Perimeter Security engineering experience
- 5+ years architect and design experience in a large scale, global environment
- Experience with network microsegmentation, use of multifactor authentication and Principle of Least Privilege (PoLP)
- Certifications: CCIE Security, JNCIE Security, CISSP
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts and architecture, including security considerations associated with networking hardware like Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Gateways, SSL Encryption/Decryption, PKI, TCP/IP, IPv4 and IPv6, etc.
- Hands on experience with a diverse variety of networking devices
Excellent written and oral communication skills; must be able to prepare solution papers and present solutions to senior management Overview
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 559419461Posted: 2020-07-14