Make a difference for national security by joining a team of dedicated professionals in El Segundo, CA who assist the US Air Force in developing and deploying the next generation of satellites and ground systems for missile warning (MW) and space-based environmental monitoring (SBEM). These systems alert senior military officials when missile launches occur around the globe, as well as enable global naval vessel and troop movements by providing mission-critical weather data to ensure safe passage.
Our Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) team has an immediate need for a Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis Engineer to support assessing space and ground system architectures and system performance. We are looking for innovative, creative, and highly motivated individuals to help in the development of models and simulations that effectively capture system and system of systems effects in complex operational environments. This role provides systems engineering and integration support of the Space and Missile Systems Center's (SMC) MW and SBEM mission areas.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support of the designing, developing, and verifying simulations and analysis plans, as well as other work products such as gap analyses or Technical Performance Measures (TPM) assessments, that enable key program and architectural decisions.
- Supporting analytical modeling solutions to assess enterprise performance, identify technology gaps, creating technology roadmaps, developing requirements and specifying the operational benefits of current and future concepts based on customer approved scenarios.
- Supporting requirements development, system verification, and concept of operations (CONOPS) development as well as working with system and mission analysts to ensure additional modeling, simulation, analysis capabilities meet operational mission requirements
- Identifying needs and opportunities for independent assessment and improvement of the enterprise and/or system.
- Support development of modeling solutions for each phase of the find, fix, target, track, engage, and assess chain using sensor, effects, and communications technologies.
- Support development of algorithms, writing simulations, and analyzing key performance parameters associated with space and ground sensor system design.
- Supporting analysis activities by integrating performance models with MBSE models and tools.
- Quantifying performance impacts and sensitivity to changes in CONOPS, scenarios, and/or threats.
- Working closely with the government customer to understand needs and collaborating with prime contractors, other team contractors, government civilians, and members of the U.S. Air Force.
- Bachelor's Master's Degree in Math, Science, or Engineering. Master's degree a plus.
- Experience with modeling, simulation, and mission analysis techniques and tools
- Experienced at self-starting, seeking solutions, and works well in a team environment
- Experience scripting for analysis purposes
- Ideal candidates will have experience working with Air Force/DoD customers with space and/or ground systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as organization and interpersonal skills
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 559419526Posted: 2020-06-03