SAIC is looking for a Remote Systems Security Engineer
to provide support to the US Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Ground Vehicle Systems Center (CCDC GVSC) while working from homeproviding support for the division located at the Detroit Arsenal in Warren, Michigan
. This job is temporarily remote due to COVID-19. JOB DESCRIPTION:
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Systems Security Engineer will be experienced in developing security systems.
- The Systems Security Engineer will evaluate preliminary or proposed system or enterprise architectures to identify and assess security considerations between systems, operators, and networks.
- The successful candidate will be experienced in defining cybersecurity security systems for military ground vehicles and documenting in a Project Protection Plan (PPP) for approval by the relevant Army Program Office.
- The System Security Engineer will also have experience applying systems engineering processes, methods and tools over an entire project/product lifecycle of hardware and software programs.
- The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, an ability to lead systems engineering efforts on complex projects/products, and the ability to successfully execute several program efforts simultaneously.
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree with at least 9 years of professional experience in Systems Security
- Experience capturing and refining information security requirements to ensure that the requirements are effectively integrated into technology component products and systems through purposeful security architecting, design, development, and configuration.
- Heavily involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access.
- Demonstrated leadership in the development and approval process for Project Protection Plan (PPP)
- Experience in deploying and installing security control best practices
- Strong knowledge of DoD 8500.01 DIACAP/DoD 8510.01 RMF IA Controls (IACs).
- Experience with vulnerability analysis using cyber security tools (e.g., ACAS, Nessus, SCAP, SCC, eMass, STIG Viewer)
- Experience partnering with internal and external teams to identify and implement technology or process improvements that mature system security
- Knowledgeable in alerting capabilities based on security intelligence, post incident findings, new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Conduct risk assessments and maintain an expert level understanding of attacks, vectors and emergent threats
- Experience leading Systems Engineering aspects of a project/product team
- At least 4 years' experience in vehicle or automotive related engineering discipline
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be a US citizen that has the abilityto obtain a Secret Level Security Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 559419527Posted: 2020-06-10