SAIC is seeking a Systems Engineer in California, Maryland. This role may temporarily be worked remote to adhere to COVID19 guidelines. Once restrictions are lifted, the role may be worked remote 1-2 days per week. Job Responsibilities:
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Establishes system information requirements using analysis of the information engineer(s) in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems within the Naval Aviation Enterprise.
- Translates the business requirements into specific systems, applications or process designs for complex IT solutions and integrating architecture, which may include analysis of transition planning, aviation engineering information requirements., and may develop architecture baselines.
- Designs architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the requirements including present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces for the Airworthiness and CYBERSAFE Office (ACO).
- Evaluate analytically and systematically problems of workflows, organization, and planning and develops appropriate corrective action NAVAIR and Airworthiness systems.
- Ensures that the common operating environment is DOD, NAVAIR and NMCI compliant. Also ensures compliance with the standards for open systems architectures, the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) and International Standards Organization (ISO) reference models, and profiles of standards - such as Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) Open Systems Environment (OSE) reference model - as they apply to the implementation and specification of Information Management (IM) solution of the application platform, across the application program interface (API), and the external environment/software application.
- Must possess experience in software engineering phases to include requirements analysis, development, testing and integration, implementation, maintenance and problem diagnosis/resolution and/or experience in phases of applications systems analysis to include evaluation and design, integration and optimization of complex systems.
High School Diploma and 9 years experience; Or, Associates Degree and 7 years experience; Or, Bachelors Degree and 5 years experience. Required Skills:
- Ability to communicate and convey the concepts of the systems architecture to include value added to the program to executive-level personnel.
- Ability to develop and follow implementation plans for configuration management of systems/technical data.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in decision-making with self-starter qualities while performing in a team environment.
US Citizen with an Active Secret clearance and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret clearance. Overview
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 559419595Posted: 2020-06-17