SAIC is seeking aC5AD Cyber Security Engineer/Analyst provides design, implementation, maintenance and troubleshooting functions for the security of physical and virtual information networks, systems, applications, and peripheral hardware in support of the Deputy Director, C4 and Cyber Integration (DDC5I) C5 Assessments Division (C5AD) mission and Persistent C5 Environment (PC5E).
- Operate and maintain COTS and GOTS cybersecurity tools, (i.e., Nessus, HBSS, ACAS, IPS, IDS, and Security Onion).
- Identify security issues for remediation, provide background context, and assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Analyze network devices and operating systems (Microsoft, Linux) for compliance with DISA STIG (Security Technical Implementation Guide) requirements.
- Conduct monthly SCAP scans of networks and applications to validate network devices and systems.
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Generate and review RMF authorization package artifacts in accordance with DoD 8510.01 and NIST 800-53R4.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new security tools, techniques, and technologies for introduction into networks in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Support projects during events with: 1) installing and operating cybersecurity tools on event networks, 2) scanning and providing residual risk statements for hosted systems, and 3) managing user access and device or system connections.
- Occasionally travel in support of network events. (negotiable)
- Bachelorsdegree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience
- Educational equivalent for this position is defined as at least two (2) years of related experience with computer network and application software installation, troubleshooting, networking operations, maintenance, and meeting the Required Qualifications.
Certifications & Clearance:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance and be eligible for Top Secret.
- Must be DoD 8570.1-M IAT Level 1 compliant (e.g. A+ CE, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP) or greater
Skills & Capability:
- One (1) year or greater, experience using ACAS and/or Nessus;
- One (1) year or greater, experience using HBSS / ESS;
- One (1) year or greater, experience implementing or advising on DISA STIG requirements for Microsoft operating systems, services and roles (DNS, AD, etc.) and applications (MS Office);
- Must meet at least two of the following requirements and the experience must have been obtained within the past five (5) years:
- One (1) year experience as an administrator on Microsoft computing environments employing Windows Server 2012 (or newer), Windows 10 (or newer) client operating system, or LINUX Red Hat operating systems.
- One (1) year experience in configuring and customizing classified and unclassified desktop and laptop computer systems, optimizing internal memory use, resolving hardware/software interrupt conflicts, and installing device drivers.
- One (1) year experience managing and working on local area network (LAN) administration, operation, and architecture with a mixture of a minimum of 30 client systems.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of HBSS & ESS desired.
- Experience in virtualization (VMware 6.x) and VDI (VMWare Horizon 6.x).
- Familiarity with DISA SCAP (Security Content Automation Protocol) tools in securing operating systems and applications.
- Familiarity with system accreditation requirements of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) experience (in an offline environment).
- Experience with DoD cyber operations (USCYBERCOM, Navy Fleet Cyber, etc.)
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 559419610Posted: 2020-06-03