DescriptionSAIC is hiring a CAD Designer (AutoCAD) to join our team in Sterling Heights, Michigan !
The successful candidate will use their broad range of Mechanical Engineering subsystem design experience to design solutions from requirements through detailed design, build and test. RESPONSIBILITIES:
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The candidate will be responsible for the mechanical design and integration of identified technologies onto a prototype vehicle platform or existing ground vehicles and water craft.
- This will include using CREO and Autocad for the development of the detailed design including working with support personnel and drafting on packaging documentation.
- The candidate will use their experience along with static and dynamic analysis to ensure the performance of the integrated design.
- Once the integrated design is established and approved, the candidate will lead the fabrication/acquisition of the design and support the integration onto the prototype vehicle or vessels.
- The candidate will work with the customer and testing organizations to ensure the operational demonstration of the integrated technology.
- The candidate will evaluate the performance data, documenting the results, and providing recommendations for improvement into a production ready design.
- The successful candidate will develop highly innovative and ingenious solutions for integrating advanced technologies onto military platforms.
- The candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with all stakeholder and lead assigned projects to successful conclusion.
- Bachelors and eight (8) years or more experience; Masters and three(3) years or more experience ; PhD and0 years relatedexperience.
- Experience using AutoCAD for project drawings and installations.
- Military vehicle or automotive engineering design experience.
- Experience using CREO for project design efforts with additional experience in CREO piping and cabling for harness and fluid lines.
- Experience using Windchill/Teamcenter and other CM processes.
- Experience performing static and dynamic analysis of mechanical systems to include bolt joint analysis.
- Experience leading assigned Mechanical engineering design projects.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the product life-cycle design, development, production, and sustainment of physical products.
- Ability to use objectivity, creativity, and analytical ability to solve problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively represent the company / program in customer meetings.
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 559419644Posted: 2020-06-03