Job SummaryOur Line Cook is a key player in making sure each guest receives their restaurant order promptly and accurately and leaves our store with a smile and a memory of unparalleled service. You'll be part of an amazing team and will help to build guest loyalty through your own shining example. Your first responsibility will be to prepare and season a variety of meats, vegetables, soups and other food items in accordance with prescribed recipes.Job Description
- Experience Required: 6 months to 1 year
- Experience Desired: Prior experience in food service or related field
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Certification or Licensing Required: Food Safety
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Understand and demonstrate various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Maintain safety as the top priority in all aspects of your work, for our Team Members, guests, and products.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors, and stakeholders.
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies.
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, cutting meat or preparing sauces).
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the Restaurant Staff.
- Answer, report and follow Executive Chef's instructions.
- Clean up kitchen and package or discard leftover food.
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Posting ID: 559419788Posted: 2020-06-17