McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Transportation Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for assisting the Driver Specialist in every aspect of product delivery to customer stores in an efficient and safe manner by following all company procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Unload products at customer stores and place in appropriate storage facility (i.e.: freezer, cooler or dry storage area).
* Properly use double-count techniques to ensure accurate delivery of product.
* Properly use unloading techniques to ensure safety of self and others and to eliminate damage to product.
* Properly use customer service best practices to ensure consistent quality service to our customers.
* Accurately complete delivery documentation according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of credits, shorts, etc.
* Accurately complete wage sheets according to company procedure to ensure timely processing of payroll data.
* Properly use accessory equipment such as ramps, load-locks, straps, and parking hand trucks to ensure safety and minimal maintenance costs.
* Provide professional and accurate completion of load evaluation paperwork to provide constructive feedback to warehouse teammates.
* Read, analyze, and interpret general invoices, delivery sheets, and technical procedures.
* Write reports and complete time sheets.
*Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Be a High School Graduate. Warehouse experience is helpful but not required.
* Have strong communication skills with ability to communicate with management team, drivers, helpers, and customers.
* Be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and customers.
* Be able to work nights, weekends, holidays, including overnight routes when necessary.
* Be able to read maps, labels, invoices, and manifests.
* Have mathematical ability, specific to adding, subtracting, and verifying quantities of product.
* Assist with dispatch preparation and route return process.
* Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
* Be able to lift at least 60 pounds and handle a hand truck weighing up to 400 pounds when fully loaded.
* Be able to stand, walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, crawl, or twist.
* Be able to use dolly or hand truck in heavy lifting and shifting loads on wet, dry, icy, bumpy, or uneven
terrain with frequent curbs and obstructions.
* Be able to load and unload product routinely at multiple customer sites daily.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center, Transportation Department, or Transportation Shop.
* The environment includes the tractor trailer.
* The environment includes customer facilities.
* Must be able to handle any type of product ordered by our customers.
How To Apply
Please apply at mclaneco.com
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.