McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Merchandising/Purchasing Descr JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for maintaining all aspects of branding and working directly with our customers and sales to generate private label brand revenue. Duties include creating brand guidelines, gaining new distribution in all channels, improving product sales and increasing market share through advertising and marketing activities. The Brand Manager may also collaborate with other departments or technical staff to ensure that the correct brand image and values are being promoted in the industry. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
MINIMUM SKILLS AND QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Work closely with current and potential customers to review space for our brands, educate the retailer on the need for private label mix, expand shelf & industry presence of the brand(s).
- Perform regular market research studies to gather important private label brand data.
- Develop custom brand management plans for each product and submit updated summaries on brand exposure to the Private Label Product Director each month.
- Assist in the development of newly vetted products, design of retail packaging as well as the creation of in-store marketing displays where necessary.
- Maintain contact with vendors and distributors to get critical input on how product design and implementation can be improved.
- Work closely with marketing to manage brand marketing campaigns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Business-related field.
- Extensive experience in the private label industry (5+ years at a minimum), to include negotiations, packaging design, compliance & retail execution.
- Broad Category Expertise
- Import Knowledge & Experience
- Commodity Knowledge & Experience
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be a highly self-sufficient, motivated individual.
- Exceptional verbal and report presentation abilities.
- Must have excellent customer service and presentation skills.
------------------------------ McLANE BENEFITS
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Posting ID: 559420180Posted: 2020-06-03