McLane Company, Inc. is one of the largest supply chain services leaders, providing grocery and foodservice supply chain solutions for convenience stores, mass merchants, drug stores and chain restaurants throughout the United States. McLane, through McLane Grocery and McLane Foodservice operates over 80 distribution centers across the U.S. and one of the nation's largest private fleets. The company buys, sells and delivers more than 50,000 different consumer products to nearly 110,000 locations across the U.S. In addition, McLane provides alcoholic beverage distribution through its wholly owned subsidiary, Empire Distributors, Inc. McLane is a wholly owned unit of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK) and employs more than 20,000 teammates.
Warehouse Job Description
JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
This position is responsible for selecting product and loading trucks (i.e., moving product between the loading dock and the warehouse and moving product within the warehouse) with a high degree of accuracy and great sense of urgency while meeting standards within McLane established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
* Review documents and record information; verify quantity, identity, availability and condition of product.
* Drive the pallet jack to select, pull, sort, and stack product within the warehouse and dock.
* Work 1st shift including weekends.
* Hand stack product on occasion when off balance or in the wrong location.
* Shrink-wrap and label outgoing orders and remove shrink wrap from incoming orders.
* Meet this position's physical demands.
* Ability and willingness to select/load/unload and/or deliver ALL products that may be ordered by our customers.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must:
* Have a High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred).
* Have 1-2 years of distribution warehouse experience including operation of reach truck, pallet jack & forklift is desired.
* Be able to read and comprehend labels, instructions, and bills of lading.
* Be able to perform mathematical calculations involving addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division to verify quantities of product.
* Be able to apply understanding of problems involving some variables.
* Possess strong problem solving skills and excellent time management skills.
* Be able to deliver customer satisfaction within McLane guidelines.
* Use independent discretion/judgment, but work well in a team environment as well.
* The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Posting ID: 559420220Posted: 2020-06-03