Description:Where you work matters! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Patient Services Coordinator II (1.0 FTE, Day Shift) to work in Sci Reconstructive Surgery at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.The Patient Services Coordinator II is responsible for providing support and clinic coordination of multiple patient care services as well as patient orientation for the Swedish Cancer Institute on multiple campuses, exercising independence in the planning and accomplishment of a wide spectrum of clerical dutiesIn this position you will:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position include:
- Schedule appointment as directed. Make schedule adjustments as necessitated by the patient's condition.
- Coordinate clinic schedule to determine availability for appointments.
- Use SMC and SCI computer systems efficiently and effectively. Able to learn new computer applications as they evolve.
- Coordinate with other departments involved in patient appointments and care, such as transportation and interpreter services.
- Contact patients regarding appointments or changes in appointments, as needed. May perform discharge follow-up phone calls, as necessary.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Medical Terminology Certification or successful completion of a Medical Terminology course within 6 months from date of hire
- Successful completion of Oncology administrative training within six months
- 1 year experience in a healthcare setting preferred (i.e. physician's office, scheduler, etc.).
- Experienced in obtaining insurance verifications, referrals and authorizations.
About the First Hill Campus
- Associate's Degree with emphasis in Health Care.
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.About Us
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
First Hill Arnold Bldg (WA181) 1221 Madison Seattle, 98104Req ID:
Posting ID: 559420226Posted: 2020-06-17