Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for an Environmental Services Technician (1.0 FTE, Night Shift) to work in Environmental Services Department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.This position is a member of a multi-disciplinary team that maintains the physical environment of the hospital at the highest level of cleanliness, both from an appearance and infection control standpoint. This position is responsible for continuously demonstrating proficiency in both basic and more complex or advanced cleaning techniques and supply stocking that would be used in patient, staff, office, clinic, surgical or visitor areas. Able to demonstrate proficiency in ability to work in areas that require advanced cleaning techniques such as Surgery, Labor & Delivery, NICU, Emergency Room (on shifts/situations, campuses where caregivers work in multiple areas) and Floorcare.In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position include:
- Demonstrate consistent competency in basic core skills such as dusting, mopping, vacuuming, trash and linen removal.
- Clean patient, staff, office and support areas following established infection control and cleaning procedures resulting in quality outcomes.
- Physical appearance of assigned area, following cleaning, is neat, organized and appropriate to the use of the room. (Office furniture, patient room furniture, proper placement of Critical Use Equipment, exam and waiting areas are neatly and correctly placed.).
- Demonstrate consistent competency in advanced skills necessary to maintain surgical and labor suites; including cleaning of Critical Use Equipment, dis-assembling, cleaning and reassembling of surgery tables, LDRP beds, Jacuzzi Tubs, giraffe and isolates.
- Operate assigned equipment, (floor machines, buffers, etc.) safely and report problems or needed repairs quickly.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- HS Diploma or GED must be completed/obtained within six (6) months of hire
- 1 year customer service experience
About the First Hill Campus:
- Vocational training and certification will also be considered
- Experience in housekeeping or janitorial/custodial work in a healthcare/long term care setting or hotel setting
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.About Us
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
First Hill Main Bldg (WA145) 747 Broadway Seattle, 98122Req ID:
Posting ID: 559420229Posted: 2020-06-17