For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in nearly 200 countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Analyst - North American Commodity Risk Middle Office - Decatur, IL
Analyst NA CRMO - Decatur, Illinois
This is an exempt level position
The Commodity Risk Middle Office (CRMO) team provides high quality risk management services to different ADM Business Units and subsidiaries operating in North America and also globally. The CRMO is consolidating a daily position for and supporting the Trading Businesses operating within the different Business Units across a range of grains, oilseeds, feedstuffs and other agricultural commodities. This position includes transactions in physical flat and basis contracts as well as commodity futures and options. The job posting is focusing on the Carbohydrate Solutions BU and combines cross-departmental work on trading, logistics and involves active interaction with IT Delivery Services and Segment Management.
In this context we are looking forward to welcoming a new colleague in the Team to stand-up for this commitment and fill it with life!
• Produce daily, weekly and monthly commodity position and other trading reports, including
Monitoring of position limits
• Validate the position by reconciling the daily activity changes to the expected outcome from trading
• Being the first contact for traders for analysis and questions regarding the positions
• Report commodity positions to divisional, regional and corporate management
• Support the company's efforts in further building and developing the basis for the position reporting
regarding technical set-up, processes and procedures
• Provide support in regular tasks, P&L estimates and position analysis
• Bachelors or Master's degree in economics, finance or other relevant field
• 2+ years ADM experience or equivalent
• Prior knowledge about the commodity trading business, especially the segments where ADM is active
• Understanding of OTC and exchange-traded derivatives trading and its back-office functions and
• Knowledge of Agris a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft programs and ability to handle large quantities of data
• Excellent communication skills combined with an analytical mindset
• Open mindset for change and aptitude to search for improvement
• Engaged and team-oriented pragmatist with a proactive, goal-oriented work attitude
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability
IL - Illinois
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.
Posting ID: 559420240Posted: 2020-06-17