At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.Shift Miller - New Braunfels, TX
This is a full time, non-exempt level position.
This position is expected to perform all duties and base all decision in a manner which supports the best interests of ADM, for which is in alignment with the ADM Way & Code of Conduct.Position Summary:
The Shift Miller has plant responsibility for production, quality, maintenance repair, safety and health, security, food safety and sanitation.
- Maximize optimum yield, moisture gain, and production by running extractions with one hour roll checks, proper load on mill, proper adjustment of purifiers, clean purifier screens, adjust roll brushes, good feeder gate spreads, red dog monitoring/weighting, and monitor cleaning house to minimize wheat loss
- Produce a food safe product that meets the specifications of the customer by sampling finished product, ensuring proper ingredients, temper water adjustments, and monthly tail out and weekly flour stream check
- Supervise and participate in mill repairs of roll changes, sifter repair, filter sock changing, purifier repair, spout repairs, lubrication and preventive maintenances to optimize mill efficiency and minimize unscheduled downtime
- Changing or cleaning blower filters, replacing sprockets, chains, and other equipment that would not require an experienced maintenance in order to optimize mill efficiency and minimize unscheduled downtime
- Evaluate employee safe work practices according to ADM policies and procedures, including performing VBS observations; conducting daily shift transition and huddle meetings; actively attending all safety training and meetings as required to ensure a safe working environment for both employees and visitors
- Monitor and control visitor entries and periodically monitor outside perimeters when required to ensure maximum level of security
- Ensure a quality product through systematic procedures by monitoring and controlling mill feed in stations, performing weekly magnet checks and supervise/document all rebolt and patent sifter repairs
- Periodically check seals of bulk flour trucks, to comply with all HACCP procedures while maintaining master cleaning schedules
- Supervise department utility personnel and monitor plant utility in proper cleaning procedures within all areas to control and maintain required housekeeping standards
- Responsibility for monitoring all plant rules and policies
- Supervision of entire plant during 2nd and 3rd shift
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform multi-faceted tasks
- Must be mechanically inclined
- Strong people skills
- Must have organizational and problem solving skills
- Physical environment: extreme temperatures, high noise levels, ability to work with high powered milling equipment, including extensive use of equipment for grinding, and must adhere to all PPE requirements
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Previous Milling and/or Shift Milling experience a plus
- Degree from KSU in Milling a plus
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability.City
New Braunfels State
TX - Texas Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.