At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.Payroll Specialist - Decatur, IL
This is a full time, non-exempt position.Position Summary
In this fast paced, customer service driven environment the Payroll Specialist will interact with a diverse workforce including colleagues and managers. Job Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibility is to accurately process payroll, meeting weekly and monthly deadlines
- Navigate several Payroll system efficiently
- Solving relatively complex problems related to compensation
- Closing trips for outside locations
- Coordinating and processing any irregular payments and fuel charges
- Develop understanding of union and non-union payroll policies to research and answer questions from hourly employees regarding payroll matters
- Minimum of three years of general office/accounting experience
- Excellent data entry, keyboard and ten key skills
- Basic understanding of mathematical/accounting procedures is required
- Payroll experience is preferred
- Attention to detail with the ability to locate discrepancies is essential for this position
- Knowledge of CICS, and IMS systems preferred
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to hear and speak clearly; read, comprehend and communicate, orally and in writing in order to effectively communicate in person or by phone
- Physical requirements include standing, filing, bending, keyboard and scanner operations, sitting for extended periods of time and working on the telephone
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability. City
IL - Illinois Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.