Responsible for assisting in the care of the client in the home by providing personal care and performing light housekeeping services when no significant other is available to assume this responsibility.
- Light housekeeping including mopping and vacuuming, bed making and changing lines, dusting, dish washing, bathroom cleaning, kitchen cleaning
- Meal preparation and serving
- Food shopping/bring receipt to client
- Trash and garbage removal
- Escorts to medical appointments and companionship
- Provides personal care including showers, baths, hair washing and care, grooming, dressing, oral care and nail care in non-diabetics with nail clippers
- Completes documentation daily at time of visit. Obtains client signature as confirmation of work completion. Submits and reconciles encounters weekly with time care to validate hours worked
- Reports significant health data to supervisor
- Uses computer systems to retrieve and relay communications, schedules and data
- Participates in monthly in-service
- Ensures attendance at six hours of PCHM-applicable trainings either within or outside organization and produces evidence of attendance at annual evaluation
- Contacts clients the day before to confirm visit schedule
- Notifies supervisor immediately if client not home, does not answer door, changes schedule or refuses services
- Contacts clients about changes in schedule related to planned and unplanned time off and schedule changes
- Participates in quarterly conferences with contract case manager
- Orients new PCHM staff as requested
- Collaborating with peers for time off coverage
- Assumes any and all other tasks as delegated by supervisor or department head
Successful completion of a DPH-approved certified home health aid training program, English literacy, and ability to take oral and written instructions, ability to record observations and activities.
Must have manual dexterity to use available technology, ability to take oral and written instruction, good communication skills.
Posting ID: 559420330Posted: 2020-06-03