Facilitates the smooth & efficient functioning of the unit. Serves as liaison between patients, visitors, and clinicians. This role is responsible for partnering with nurses to coordinate the day-to-day patient flow including the communications regarding patient admissions, discharges, and transfers. Provides outstanding service for every customer interaction.Essential Responsibilities:
- Facilitates patient flow through the unit. Coordinates admissions with admitting, nursing staff and admission facilitator. Assists providers and ensures availability of needed supplies. Obtains and communicates information for requested tests and procedures. Coordinates registration process for established protocols.
- Answers patient call lights in a timely manner and responds within scope of role, following BIDMC Call Light Standards of Practice. Greets and directs patients, families, visitors and staff. Identifies self and provides informative, non-clinical information when requested by patients, families, staff or visitors.
- Utilizes all available information systems that support unit based operations such as provider order entry, bed tracking, nursing call system, as directed ensuring timeliness of response and accuracy of data input. Serves as a point person for resolution of IS issues.
- Maintains basic competency in trouble shooting printer/copier/fax issues. Ensures patients are properly charged for equipment, supplies and outside purchases. Coordinates special purchase for patient care needs (e.g. specialty beds). Ensures that all equipment in the unit is adequately maintained. Maintains equipment logs. Performs/monitors activities related to JCAHO.
- Manages the unit based patient valuable program. Investigates lost belongings, maintains tracking logs and provides detailed summary as requested. Reports unresolved losses to Operations Coordinator.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Previous administrative experience in a healthcare setting.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.Req ID
Unit CoordinatorState / Province
40 HoursDepartment Description
Farr 5, at Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, is currently hiring a patient-focused, compassionate Unit Coordinator with a passion for providing exceptional care and customer service to those they serve in our Cardiology Medicine Unit!
About The Cardiology Medicine Unit
Our Cardiology Medicine unit, Farr 5, is staffed with safe, compassionate and engaged team members. You will become part of a team committed to high quality holistic nursing care which truly impacts the lives of many with cardiac disease.
Number of Beds 30
Number of Rooms 21
What we are looking for - You are the perfect fit if you enjoy a job that is fast paced, uses critical thinking, and you have a passion for providing excellent patient customer service.Zip Code
Full Time Job Category
Nursing Support Organization
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department
CardiologyHours Per Week (for Per Diem enter 1)
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Posting ID: 559420377Posted: 2020-06-03