The Systems Engineer - Offsite installs, configures, and supports servers, desktops, networks, and telecom components in a managed facility. Maintains and supports vended systems applications.Essential Responsibilities:
- Provides triage and diagnostic support for all IT services in one or more BIDMC offsite locations.
- Provide application/technology solution support during routine business hours (Monday through Friday) and maintain on-call availability during off hours; work collaboratively with other IS resources to periodically review, maintain and validate technical support requirements, data storage requirements and downtime procedures. Develop and maintain support documentation.
- Works directly with vendors to support production activities in the managed facility. Works directly with the Vendor and IS resources to participate in and assist with planning and managing new application or technology deployments and in performing product/version upgrades, applying fixes/patches, or making vendor-recommended changes or modifications to the application.
- Monitor and maintain accountability for system (server and/or application) health and the performance, availability, security, and integrity of the application and data. Make recommendations in order to improve application's functionality or performance; and periodically generate reports based on analysis/interpretation of monitoring activities.
- Supports and maintains technology solutions, systems and services in use at remote sites in a consistent and professional manner ensuring performance to manufacturer's specifications and meeting customer productivity requirements. Determines viable alternative solutions for problems/issues while utilizing available internal and external resources.
- Installs network and other hardware that may include hubs, switches, AP's, routers, cable modems and troubleshoot WAN/LAN connections working with BIDMC Network Team and other ISP vendors. Manages Backup systems and plan backups models/schemes based on the unique requirements of the site and server(s).
- Performs basic problem management and root cause analysis in identifying, prioritizing, researching and resolving service requests or reported problems in a timely manner and appropriately escalates to other engineers as necessary and within established guidelines.
- Creates and maintains technical support documentation and procedures related to new technology installations and implementations. Provides technical troubleshooting advice and serves as a resource to other IS Support Staff members.
- Ensure reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards are in place to protect and maintain the confidentiality and integrity of the data and to meet HIPAA ePHI requirements.
- Must own or have access to private vehicle to travel between supported sites and must possess a valid Massachusetts driver's license with the ability, when required, to safely operate a full sized cargo van within the greater Boston area and surrounding towns and communities.
- Vocational or Technical training in Information Technology required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License A+ Certification preferred., and MCSA preferred
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- Working knowledge and understanding wireless and mobile devices; antivirus solutions, and Microsoft SCCM, RDP, and WSUS.
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical support specific to functional area and related systems.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.Req ID
Systems Engineer - OffsiteState / Province
40 HoursDepartment Description
This position is located in Westwood and support the Westwood Pharmacy.Zip Code
Full Time Job Category
Information System Organization
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department
IS Support ServicesHours Per Week (for Per Diem enter 1)
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Posting ID: 559420406Posted: 2020-06-03