Description and Requirements
Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!
Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture Brand
Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries.
Design, Build, Deliver:
Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
TheVice-President of Global Qualityis responsible for establishing an organization to strategically execute Ashley's mission of continuous quality improvement. This position will develop and evolve quality metrics throughout the organization to ensure Ashley is achieving its goal of 100% out-of-box quality in every channel of distribution. This position will provide strategic direction and leadership for multiple manufacturing channels as well work within a diverse and global supply chain to ensure our standards are clearly communicated, executed, and audited.
This position is responsible for creating alignment and accountability with Ashley's internal and external departments and customers as well as solving problems and making decisions for the greater good of the organization. This includes direct communication with customers, consumers, as well as driving continuous improvement projects to resolve quality concerns. This position is accountable for all quality standards for product within Ashley's product portfolio. This position requires a clear understanding and practiced implementation and execution of Lean Six Sigma practices. This includes teaching and training both internal and external team members on proper problem-solving techniques. This position works cross-functionally to measure and advice on vendor selection, engineering changes, engineering problem-solving (designed for manufacturing) as well as continuous improvement opportunities.
This position is ultimately responsible for global execution of product quality manufactured by 200+ suppliers in eight different countries. The ability to build clarity within internal and external teams through the creation, education and execution of product quality standards and processes is instrumental to the success of this role.
1. Challenge the current business processes and direct managers to implement systems, standards, and processes in the performance of product quality execution.
2. Challenge the current state business practices to execute Ashley's mission of improving quality while reducing cost.
3. Mentor leaders who thoroughly understand the work; live the philosophy of the Company and teach this philosophy to others. Encourage a culture that stops to fix problems, gets quality right the first time and systematically solves root cause problems.
4. Analyze key quality metrics for each channel of distribution while establishing and ensuring goals are met in each channel.
5. Develop feedback loops for key customers and channels to ensure quality improvement projects and directed work is executed and engineered into the product.
6. Collaborate with management to ensure that process and procedures are established and executed in a manner to deliver 100% out-of-box quality of product to our customers.
7. Develop the strategic plan for the execution of product quality standards globally, ensuring that those standards reflect the risk and execution specific to the localized product and manufacturing capability.
8. Create a culture of accountability, ensuring that our customers feedback is systematically captured, communicated, and responded to in a competent and educated manner. Resolve these complaints expeditiously, while maintaining a cadence of communication with key internal and external customers.
9. Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
10. Implement and monitor KPIs and dashboards to provide comprehensive data reports, analytics and visibility for the entire quality organization.
11. Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
12. Develop tactics and priorities for all Quality activities in conjunction with corporate initiatives and ensure attainment of strategic objectives. Determine best practice approaches to identify new, organize existing, organizational structures, processes and practices.
13. Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
14. Develop and inspire talent within the quality team at all locations
15. Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
16. Grant final approval of departmental standard operating procedures.
17. Continuously drive continuous improvement to increase overall efficiency and effectiveness
18. Demonstrate the Company's Core and Growth Values in the performance of all jobfunctions.
Bachelordegreeinengineering,Business Management, Data Scienceorrelateddegree,orequivalentwork experience,Required.
10+ years manufacturing, operations, or quality experience
International experience a plus
Furniture experience a plusASQ, a plus
Expertise in lean/six sigma methodology
Advanced knowledge of Quality Systems; knowledge of Quality and Problem-Solving Tools, such as FMEA, Pareto Analysis, quality planning, quality costs and assessment
Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally (approximately 50%)
Hands-on experience in leading quality improvement projects
Ability to create, drive, sustain, and measure process improvements
Ability to lead and influence people
Ability to accomplish goals through others
Strong attention todetail
Excellent verbal and written communicationskills
Effective time management and organizationalskills
Work independently as well as in a teamenvironment
Working knowledge of ContinuousImprovement
Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established timeconstraints
Perform under strong demands in a fast-pacedenvironment
Work professionally with customers, vendors and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm andrespect
Display empathy, understanding and patience with employees, suppliers and externalcustomers
Respond professionally in situations with difficultemployee/vendor/customerissues orinquiries
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.