GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT
A full-time Research /Technician Technologist position is available in the Endocrine Unit at Massachusetts General Hospital. Position will be commensurate with experience. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Research in the Endocrine Unit focuses on metabolic bone diseases and mineral metabolism and ranges from trials of novel therapies for osteoporosis to use of genetically altered mice and cell biology to understand the factors that influence calcium and phosphate metabolism.
The position will involve working with the current senior research technologist in our Histology Core and include responsibilities for processing, embedding, cutting and staining cartilage and bone samples, using frozen, paraffin or methylmethacrylate embedded samples in accordance with project protocol and PI expectations. Responsibilities also include performing in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry analyses of cartilage and bone samples.
The Research Technician/Technologist will also work with the Core director to develop and implement new protocols and to train investigators in histological and immunohistochemical analyses. SKILLS/ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Candidates should have a BA or BS in Biology or a related field.
- Coursework in anatomy and/or histology is preferred, as is experience performing histology procedures.
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize and organize work, to analyze technical problems and to interact effectively with investigators is required.
- BA or BS in Biology or a related field required.
- Duties will be performed in a research laboratory.
- Flexible work hours conducted over a forty-hour work week.
Please submit a Cover Letter, CV, and contact information of at least two references.
Posting ID: 559420422Posted: 2020-06-03