The Senior Project Manager provides client and team leadership and is responsible for facilitating all phases of project work from concept to fulfillment. He/she is regarded by the client as a trusted expert for the agency side of the client's business. The Senior Project Manager leads the day-to-day management and optimization of projects for the client, assesses risk, determines goals and is the key client contact for day-to-day communications and tasks. He/she masters and maintains brand standards, direction and strategy and has vast knowledge of the client's business, the competition and industry trends. The Senior Project Manager works closely with designers, copywriters, production and account managers to set project milestones, create project timelines and track schedules ensuring all deliverable deadlines are met on time, on brand and to client specifications.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Act as primary point-of-contact for day-to-day client needs.
- Partner with account, creative and production team to manage projects from concept to fulfillment.
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of projects.
- Maintain knowledge of and adherence to facility procedures, operations and protocols
- Master and maintain knowledge of client's business, competition and latest industry news and trends.
- Generate project briefs/scoping documents at direction and approval of account team.
- Provide point of view on best practices and solutions across functions.
- Plan, coordinate and direct creative teams to ensure the briefs are executed accurately and effectively.
- Provide account teams with appropriate insight into client's strategic business and branding initiatives.
- Evaluate work against client's brand standards
- Attend and set relevant client meetings, bringing in appropriate resources from other departments as needed.
- Set project milestones, create project estimates and track schedules
- Proactively manage client to schedule, adjusting for missed milestones and scope creep.
- Ensure all deliverable deadlines are met for all individuals and parts involved in the process.
- Monitor client's budgets for accuracy and timeliness.
- Proactively set and manage client expectations.
- Responsible for early detection of issues that may require escalation
- Management of vendor engagement and relationship.
- Research of print technology and vendors; generation of print and vendor quotes; creation and maintenance of purchase orders.
- Prepare projects for invoicing with all necessary documentation, including a final check/reconciliation of work completed to approved estimate.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional role
- 5-7+ years of work within an advertising agency
- Certification from an accredited Project Management training organization or Master degree in related field.
- Career focus on internal communications and/or brand management for print and digital for in-store environments.
- Able to demonstrate ability to solve more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job.
- Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately.
- Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
- Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows and Mac platforms, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments.
- Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments.
- Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be proactive, collaborative, driven and seek excellence in execution of tasks.
- Ability to create and work with cross-functional and/or distributed "virtual" teams.
Posting ID: 559420952Posted: 2020-06-03