This position provides day-to-day supervision of the fitness center including exercise instruction, orientation to the fitness center, educating and collecting monthly fees. The Fitness Trainer assists the property manager in special projects and other health promotion activities as needed. Understands the value and benefits as well as actively participates in fitness.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Exhibits enthusiastic, friendly, and positive demeanor toward residents and their guests.
- Possesses knowledge of nutrition and exercise physiology.
- Demonstrates and effectively explains the use of equipment and services.
- Answers phones, schedules appointments for personal and group training sessions.
- Keeps residents informed of new classes, educates and assists residents with the operations of machines.
- Uses good judgment and follows strict safety procedures and guidelines.
- Responds to emergency situations in a timely and efficient manner.
- Resolves and follows-up on all complaints/issues.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Other duties as required.
NoneEducation & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- BA in a health/fitness or related field preferred
- National personal trainer certification must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
Tools & Equipment Used
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Clear and effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Weights and Exercise MachinesPhysical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving and lifting equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs.
- Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required by the job function.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posting ID: 559421000Posted: 2020-06-03