Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.Job Summary
Maintaining an attractive, safe and pleasing environment for residents is of the utmost importance in delivering service to the community. Under supervision, performs routine maintenance in the common areas. Maintaining a good relation with the residents is required. Responsibilities
The job duties listed are typical examples of the work performed by positions in this job classification. Not all duties assigned to every position are included, nor is it expected that all positions will be assigned every duty.
Requirements & Skills
- Report safety, mechanical or operational concerns to the Community Manager
- Respond to any reports of water loss, follow assigned procedures for water shut off and reporting.
- Write reports of daily activities and irregularities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and evict violators from premises.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances at association property.
- Inspect and adjust security systems, equipment, or machinery to ensure operational use and to detect evidence of tampering.
- Must be able to walk and stand for long periods of time with a pleasant disposition to greet clients and guests cordially.
- Must be able to perform concierge duties for Front Desk, on an as needed basis.
- Must be calm and able to handle many functions at one time.
- Must be able to hear in order to receive telephone calls and interact with clients.
- Must answer incoming calls immediately and operate the company paging system.
- Complete data entry into various company systems in support of business needs.
- Work effectively with co-workers, clients and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others; keeping commitments; being willing to accept other tasks when requested, and respecting the diversity of our workforce in actions, words and deeds.
- Attend all company mandatory functions.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Any other tasks as requested by the Community Association Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Is pleasant, courteous, and professional in demeanor including professional attire.
- Maintains composure and professional manner when working to resolve problems even when faced with angry or unreasonable individuals.
- Represents the Company knowledgeably and credibly. Is positive and constructive in addressing problems. Actively promotes a positive image of the Company and its associates.
- Demonstrates problem-solving abilities.
- Takes ownership of problems until resolved and follows up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates an ability to 'Connect the Dots' and is resourceful in their ability to resolve customer issues and requests.
- Possesses sound technical skills.
- Develops and maintains solid working knowledge of procedures and policies relevant to the job.
- Continually works to expand job knowledge & skills.
- Maintains and demonstrates a positive attitude.
- Possesses the ability to remain resilient and positive even when customer interactions are not pleasant. Bounces back from difficult interactions.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be mobile enough to walk the facilities, including up and down stairs and exterior pool, landscape, and recreational areas and navigate uneven surfaces.
- Must be mobile enough to move around during outside events, stand for long periods of time and lift up to 35 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have finger dexterity for typing/using a keyboard.
- Must be able to hear to place and receive telephone calls and use voicemail system. Talking and hearing occur continuously in this position.
- Must have full range of neck motion in order to inspect properties.
Posting ID: 559421039Posted: 2020-06-03