Summary**Active State of Maine CNA certification is required for this position**
- Position Summary
- The Emergency Care Technician I (ECT II): Assists the health care team in organizing and implementing basic department activities (stocking, results retrieval, patient tracking). Assists the health care provider in patient care: (vital signs, pulse oximetry, ECG, phlebotomy and simple procedures).
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: N/A
- License/Certifications: State of ME CNA certification, active and in good standing.
- Experience: 1 year of hospital experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak English in order to follow simple oral or written instructions and complete standard forms.
- Computer skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to exchange information and maintain courteous relationships with patients, families, visitors, and Maine Medical Center employees.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Fine motor coordination sufficient to perform phlebotomy.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 559421184Posted: 2020-06-03