Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital is the premier hospital in the northern metropolitan communities of the Twin Cities. It is located on two campuses: one in Coon Rapids, and one in Fridley. Together, these facilities offer nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including cancer care, heart and vascular services, emergency and trauma care, surgical services and da Vinci System, The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children's Minnesota, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, the Joint Replacement Center and women's and children's services. In 2016, Mercy Hospital was named one of the nation's 100 Top Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics. With 3,500+ employees, 830+ affiliated physicians and 420 staffed beds, Mercy Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 270,000 patients each year. Shift
Work Schedule - Additional Position Details
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude and the desire to learn.
- Special MN boilers license or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
- M-F 7:00am - 3:30 PM
- The Engineer training position is a 3 year (step) process. Employee is required to upgrade their boiler license as they proceed through the program with expectation to obtain a MN 1st Class B or higher at the end of the program.
Mercy L70 Engineers Location/Community Information
The city of Coon Rapids is a fast growing community on the Mississippi River just 20 minutes north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the metropolitan area gateway to the northern part of the state. Coon Rapids offers excellent access to highways, dynamic community shopping centers with major retail anchors, and a wide variety of recreational activities including neighborhood and regional parks, a municipal golf course, indoor ice arenas, hiking and biking trails and swimming pools.
- Located 14 miles North of Minneapolis and 20 miles Northwest of St. Paul
- Population = 63,000
- Service area = 413,500
Community Resource Links:Community InformationSchool DiggerExplore MinnesotaMN Dept of EducationMinneapolis St. Paul MagazineSt. Paul Pioneer PressTwin Cities Living MagazineStar TribuneQualification/Skills
- Engineer training is a progressive training program and employee must be able to move to Engineer Trainee Level II within (12) twelve months based on availability of required courses and subject to an evaluation process by the Employee training Committee.
- Training may be taken at a local Vo tech or in-house, as the Employee training Committee deems practical.
MRC Maintenance-Bldg Closing
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer. Campus/Facilities
Mercy Hospital (Coon Rapids) Hours per Week