- Position Summary
- The Respiratory CarePractioner (RCP)Trainee participates in the treatment, monitoring and care ofpatients with respiratory disorders. The role of the Trainee is limited to thefollowing functions in non critical care areas and while under direct supervisionof a licensed respiratory care practioner :Vital Signs, Breath Sounds, Nebulizer treatments, Basic life supportincluding: CPR, Manual ventilation andcompression, Oral pharyngealairway, Oximetry, Incentive Spirometry, Metered Dose Inhaler instruction, Peak flow monitoring, OralSuctioning, Oxygen rounds, Oxygen therapy including: Nasal Cannula, Simple Masks, Venti Masks,Aerosol Masks, Charting and Documentation with accompanying licensedpractioners signature.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- RCP trainee may not be employed in any capacity that involves delivery of any respiratory care procedure until the trainee has been duly registered by the Maine Board of Respiratory Care Practioners as a Respiratory Care Practitioner Trainee.
- The RCP trainee may be employed during the clinical portion of an approved respiratory care education program (which is COARC accredited). The clinical portion of a program is defined as: Second year of an associate degree program or Second year of a baccalaureate degree program in respiratory care or Completion of an entry-level correspondence program in respiratory care approved by the Board.
- The RCP trainee holds and maintains the BLS certification.
- The RCP trainee will complete Age Specific Competency training during orientation.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them - both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care - and the science behind that care - is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
Posting ID: 559421239Posted: 2020-06-03