Director, Social Media Strategy, World of RL
Ralph Lauren Corporation (NYSE:RL) is a global leader in the design, marketing and distribution of premium lifestyle products in five categories: apparel, accessories, home, fragrances, and hospitality. For more than 50 years, Ralph Lauren's reputation and distinctive image have been consistently developed across an expanding number of products, brands and international markets. The Company's brand names, which include Ralph Lauren, Ralph Lauren Collection, Ralph Lauren Purple Label, Polo Ralph Lauren, Double RL, Lauren Ralph Lauren, Polo Ralph Lauren Children, Chaps, and Club Monaco, among others, constitute one of the world's most widely recognized families of consumer brands.
Ralph Lauren is one of the fastest growing luxury apparel brands in the social media space. Join a vibrant and exciting global team drive innovation and leadership in social media across the world biggest media companies.
The Director, Social Media will be responsible for managing a team of social media strategists and will help oversee, develop, and execute Ralph Lauren social media strategies, global publishing and bespoke activations across the business. The Director will develop a strategic framework for engaging customers and growing the Ralph Lauren brand across our digital platforms. This role will report to the head of global social media.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Innovate new strategic thinking across the board, and optimize performance across all social media activations
• Work with cross-functional departments to drive omni-channel social strategy that engages our customers at every touch point
• Lead amplification strategies, identifying new opportunities to drive growth and media value across our social media campaigns
• Identify appropriate social media platforms to partner with (aligning with our Marketing strategy and Business objectives)
• Oversee, build and execute global social media strategies (incl. individual platform strategies), aligned with the Ralph Lauren brand aesthetic and vision
• Partner with the Insights team in monitoring and reporting on social media performance
• Analyze performance to develop reports, auctioning key findings and strategic optimizations
• Stay current in social media and digital marketing trends; continuing to educate wider teams on innovations and maintain digital leadership within the industry
• Create and enforce social publishing and engagement best practices for the team (aligning with our global strategy and business roadmap)
• Lead and develop a team of best-in-class Social Media strategists
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum 7 years Social Media experience in-house and / or agency.
• Strong leadership skills, with a minimum of 5 years experience managing a large team
• Appreciation and/or understanding of Ralph Lauren sensibility
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Experience in building and maintaining positive working relationships within a cross-functional environment
• Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an extremely fast-paced environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and high ethical standards
• Flexible, and able to respond immediately to business changes and priorities
• Collaborative nature; able to work well with many different types of people both inside and beyond Ralph Lauren
Posting ID: 559421249Posted: 2020-06-03