UX Designer-Towson, MD
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology Too.
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative, tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here, you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to new heights. Who We Are
We're the World's largest tool company. We're industry visionaries. We're solving problems and advancing the manufacturing trade through innovative technology and our Industry 4.0 Initiative. We are committed to ensuring our state-of-the-art "smart factory" products and services provide greater quality to our customers & greater environmental and social value to our planet. We are unique in that we have a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company.Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences, always.
You also have:
- 4+ years of experience in UX and web design
- Bachelor's degree in design, visual communications, human-computer interaction or equivalent professional experience
- Great understanding and ability designing for a CMS (Sitecore preferred)
- Proficient in web design and prototyping software (Figma, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Xd or similar)
- Must have online portfolio with web design and wireframe examples that showcase your approach and thought process to solving problems. Providing additional user experience deliverables such as personas, information architecture, user flows, and strategy a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting ideas to key stakeholders and advocating for the user.
- Hard-working, proactive, and self-motivated
What You'll Do
- Keen attention to detail and passion for consistency
- Creative problem solver with a positive attitude
- Collaborative, team player
- Ability to manage multiple projects and day-to-day responsibilities with little oversight
As a UX Designer, you'll be part of our Global Customer Experience (GCX) team located in Towson, MD. This dynamic marketing organization includes our Insights, Brand, Studio (Creative Services) and Industrial Design teams, all focused on helping drive sales growth for a $10B business.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and problem solver who works closely with digital marketing, brand marketing, research, and product teams to create world-class digital experiences for our customers. The user experience designer will work on strategy, information architecture, user flows, wireframes, web design, and testing across multiple Stanley Black & Decker brands. This designer should be comfortable owning projects, asking "Why?", using data to drive decision making, pushing creative and digital boundaries, all while keeping the user's needs top of mind.
- Translate business goals and requirements into innovative and effective digital experiences for our customers
- Conceive, design, test, and iterate solutions that deliver the highest quality user experience for our websites
- Define and utilize design systems and module libraries effectively across multiple brand websites
- Identify opportunity for website enhancements and define functional specifications through user flows, wireframes, and/or designs
- Provide strategy and design oversight of website development projects completed by external agencies
- Work closely with front-end developers, web content specialists, and business services partners to ensure web functionality and designs are implemented accurately
- Provide direction and project oversight to other UX team members as needed
Benefits & Perks
- Contribute to website development process documentation
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off, including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and products and well as discount programs for many other vendors and partners. What You'll Also Get
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't liner here. Being part of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges and universities).
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun here, too.
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest growing and most dynamic companies. SBD, a Fortune 200 company is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable growth. #Elu#LI-GK1All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristicRequisition Number
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.Featured Category on SBD Careers
Marketing & Communications